RevPi modules have been developed for use in control cabinets or housings. The following has to be heeded for use in an industrial environment:
- The type of protection and protection class of the control cabinet has to meet the standards stipulated for the particular purpose.
- To mount in a control cabinet, a 35 x 7.5 mm DIN rail (EN50022) is required).
- Mount the DIN rail horizontally in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions in the control cabinet.
- Make sure your module is far enough away from other devices.
- Hold the RevPi module’s raster element on the DIN rail.
- Press together the locking devices towards the RevPi module.
- Make sure the RevPi module is sitting firmly on the DIN rail.
Your module can be damaged by too high a temperature.
- Take care that the surrounding temperature in the control cabinet is lower than 55 °C.
- Keep the air vents on the top and bottom of the plastic housing free. They must not be obstructed by cables etc.
- Keep sufficiently away from other devices.
- When ordering the RevPi modules, take care if possible not to mount all the modules with a strong input power directly next to each other. Therefore, a DO module having a 500 mA load on all 16 outputs should not be mounted next to the RevPi Core if the surrounding temperature is to cover the full range to 55 °C.