In this tutorial we will show you the Node Red desktop, install the graphical user interface and create a workflow example.
- Node Red is installed and started on your RevPi.
- You know the IP address of your RevPi.
- You have already configured your RevPi module with PiCtory.
You will also need:
-PC or laptop
- Connect your RevPi to your PC using the Ethernet cable.
- Start both devices.
- Open the browser on your PC.
- Enter this address in the address line: http://The IP address of your RevPi:1880
Node Red opens.
How to install the graphical user interface
- Click on the burger menu.
- Click on “Manage palette”
- Click on the “Install” tab.
- Search for the entry “node-red-dashboard”.
- Click on “Install”.
The dashboard will now be installed.
- Once the installation is finished click on “Close”.
Create a flow
In this example we will create a flow to switch an LED on the RevPi.
- Drag the “Button” node into the flow.
- Drag the “Exec” node into the flow.
- Connect the two nodes.
- Double-click on the “Exec” node.
The “Edit exec node” window opens. You can enter the processing commands here.
- Enter the following command: “piTest -w RevPiLED,1”.
- Double-click on the “Button” node.
- The “Edit button node” window opens. Here you can define what the button should do. In this example it should switch on.
- Add the button to the “On” group.
- Click on “Update”.
- You have the option to rename the button.
- Click on “Done”.
- Click on “Deploy” to create the application.
You can now view the result on the dashboard.