no secure connection

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
zairalm

no secure connection

Post by zairalm »

Hi!!
I'm a master's thesis student and I'm using some of the modules: CORE Connect 4, AIO and DI to do my final project. But I don't have a background in automation, so maybe some of the problems are really easy to solve, but I'm stuck here.

I have managed to settle a fix IP through wifi (but is the network of my laboratory, so more people have access to it). When I try to access PICtory through the browser I get this:

Redirection to secure connection.
This connection is not secure.
This does not look like the real https://192.168.2.80:41443. Attackers might be trying to steal or alter information going to or from this site.

How can I make the connection secure? Is it possible from this kind of network?

Thank you in advance :)
dirk
KUNBUS

Re: no secure connection

Post by dirk »

Hallo zairalm, thank you for your message and your assessment on the subject of safety. The information should be taken seriously. This is since the certificate has not been signed by an official authority. However, this is the delivery status and not an elementary security risk. Finally, the connection is secured, but not for man in the middle attacks.

To create a secure certificate, you need So just to save you from putting unnecessary energy into this - my Synology Web Frontend at is also using a non-secure certificate on my LAN, see here:
Synology Certificate
Synology Certificate
zairalm

Re: no secure connection

Post by zairalm »

Thank you!

It's working!