RevPi Gateway PROFINET interface to RevPi Core

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
mrwinter

RevPi Gateway PROFINET interface to RevPi Core

Post by mrwinter »

Hello,

can anyone tell me what the physical interface between the Gateway (PROFINET) and RevPi Core looks like?
Specifically, the aim is to isolate the Ethernet side from the PLC from security purposes, i.e. get data from the PLC without exposing it to the network that the RevPi is in.
Therefore, if the bridge between RevPi Core and PNIO Gateway were serial (and we could even strip out the Ethernet pins from the bridge), that would be great.
nicolaiB
KUNBUS

Re: RevPi Gateway PROFINET interface to RevPi Core

Post by nicolaiB »

Hi Mrwinter,

the Profinet side is connected via a gateway. The gateway consists of a ASIC for the Profinet and a uC for the piBridge communication. There is no direct ethernet communication between the piBridge and the fieldbus.
Hope this answers your question.

Nicolai
mrwinter

Post by mrwinter »

Hi Nicolai,
thanks for your reply.
The PiBridge has RS485, some sniffer pins and Ethernet as far as I know. Do you know which pins are used for communication with the gateway?
Are there any schematics for the PNIO gateway?
nicolaiB
KUNBUS

Post by nicolaiB »

Hi,

the gateway uses sniff pins for presence detection and ethernet (from uC to RevPi, not connected to PLC network) for the transfer of the process image. Unfortunately the schematics of the gateway aren't publicly available.

Nicolai