Memory limitation for Connect + modules

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
MaltarLED
Answers: 0

Memory limitation for Connect + modules

Post by MaltarLED »

After putting multiple modules through PiCtory configuration (two DI modules, one 32 bytes Virtual Memory module and two 512 bytes Virtual Modbus TCP Slave modules), I have noticed that I can't access memory registers that are on offset higher than 4095. My guess is that a reason is that reserved memory for modules is 4 Megabytes.

Is there a possibility to increase the memory for modules in PiCtory configuration?

Bellow images shows my PiCtory configuration and an error I get when I try to read or write to memory registers on higher offset than 4095 with piTest command.

dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 5

Re: Memory limitation for Connect + modules

Post by dirk »

Hi yes the process image is limited - currently to 4K. Have a look at this discussion for options to increase this and the consequences involved. Do you know that there are also a Modbus TCP virtual devices in PiCtory with 32 registers for input and output? So maybe you just want to switch the configuration instead.
MaltarLED
Answers: 0

Post by MaltarLED »

Thank you for the reply. The 32 bytes Modbus module is not the options for us because of the quantity of data we need to implement in modbus registers.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 5

Post by dirk »

Hi MaltarLED, then just go with the link I have provided. But you are on your own here by means this is an experimental way.