Alerting Software

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
palmerpi

Alerting Software

Post by palmerpi »

Hello,
I am wondering if anyone is using any software running on the RevPI that manages alerts triggered by PLC Tag values? I have no problem sending data from to the RevPI to database (using NODE RED) and creating alerts in something like Grafana.
However, I am curious if there is a Linux program that could run on the Revpi that could trigger simple alerts based on the live data being read into the RevPI from sensors/PLC Tags. It would need a simple GUI for the alert management.
The reason I ask is there is a rival IOT gateway device that is doing this and I have a client that would like this functionality.
Either that, or something for just alerts that could run along side Grafana on the server. Client wants to manage alerts, email addresses, turning on/off alerts. I could do that in Grafana but that would mean giving them admin account which I don't want to do. Any ideas appreciated.

Thank you,

Alan
dirk
KUNBUS

Re: Alerting Software

Post by dirk »

Hi palmerpi, currently you have to poll i.e. by using "piTest -r ...". Consider integration via "icinga" or "munin".
nicolaiB
KUNBUS

Post by nicolaiB »

Hi Alan,

I'd also recommend using Icinga2 for this task, as an check command could be basicly every executable like a simple bash script or a python program. We are doing a lot of different projects with Icinga2 and the RevPi for ours customers and it works flawless. If you have any question feel free to ask.

Nicolai
palmerpi

Post by palmerpi »

Thanks guys, will take a look at icinga and see what I can come up with. Will come say hello if you are at he show on the 25th!
nicolaiB
KUNBUS

Post by nicolaiB »

Hi Alan,

do you mean with the show the Embedded world in Nuremberg or the Icinga Conf in Amsterdam? On the latter I will give a talk on industrial monitoring with Icinga.

Nicolai