DIO module stopped working

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
utpalpatel
Answers: 0

DIO module stopped working

Post by utpalpatel »

My DIO module stopped working after I have flashed new stretch firmware to revolution pi connect+. Anyone can please help me what I can do to fix issue?
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 5

Re: DIO module stopped working

Post by dirk »

Dear utpalpatel, can you explain what happened? I understood that you have flashed the "2020-06-25-revpi-stretch.img" to your RevPi Connect+.
The power LEDs of the RevPi Connect and the DIO should light green. If not check the PiBridge connectors so that the cyclic data exchange is available.

Then what happens if you run "piTest -d" ?
Are there any red LEDs lighting?
Please check
- your PiCtory configuration
- run File -> Save as startup configuration
- and Tools -> Reset driver.

What is the output of "uname -a"?
utpalpatel
Answers: 0

Post by utpalpatel »

Thank you for reply Dirk. Finally DIO module started working. When I logged in first time I used Mac address and serial number. The Mac address was correct but the serial number I have written were numbers of first two lines next to QR code instead of second line only. This can be the reason for this issue. I have re-flashed the rev pi with correct serial number and it started working ok. The another thing I did is to format the drive before installing new image. This worked for me!
Last edited by utpalpatel on 07 Dec 2020, 04:20, edited 1 time in total.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 5

Post by dirk »

Hi utpalpatel, thank you for your positive reply.
The another thing I did is to format the drive before installing new image.
Well we have learned that you can use the tool “SD Memory Card Formatter“ and quick format your eMMC in case there are performance issues with it: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

But your case indicates that wrong serial numbers changed the behavior of the device? Well I would appreciate any details in case you can share your ideas here.