DIO Module Power LED Flickering alternatively with Connect

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
alamdar.syed
Answers: 0

DIO Module Power LED Flickering alternatively with Connect

Post by alamdar.syed »

Hello
I have a RevPi Connect and DIO, they were working alright for a month. However, I suddenly encountered a problem that the DIO power LED is turning ON and OFF as it do on initialization but the sequence is that when DIO power LED turns Green then RevPi Connect power LED turns Red then both Green for few seconds then one DIO turns Red and then the RevPi Connect turns Red. I made a small video for these events, if you can watch in the below Dropbox link as I was unable to attach as part of this message.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/krj7o8oxqss4w ... 0.MOV?dl=0

DIO is being detected on 'piTest -d', Input pins are working but the Output are not controllable and all outputs are permanently high. In the terminal it says O_1 is set to 0 or set to 1 but actually in hardware all pins are permanently high.
I have tried remove and place piBridge, reboot several times, power cycle both devices, tried different power supply for the DIO, checked the firmware and it says latest firmware using following:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install revpi-firmware

It says latest firmware is installed. I cannot figure it out, the system is a commercial equipment and schedule to dispatch on Friday. Your prompt response will be highly appreciated.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 6

Re: DIO Module Power LED Flickering alternatively with Connect

Post by dirk »

Dear alamdar.syed, we need more information, can you post the files:
/var/log/kern.log
/etc/revpi/config.rsc
And could you attach a sketch about your hardware setup?
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 6

Re: DIO Module Power LED Flickering alternatively with Connect

Post by dirk »

Hi alamdar.syed, do you still have this issue? If so have a look at my last post.