Remote Access and Program Editing for Revolution Pi Connect

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
Jow W.

Remote Access and Program Editing for Revolution Pi Connect

Post by Jow W. »

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the support and quick responses for my last questions.

I'm working on a new challenge with my Revolution Pi Connect 4: remote access for program editing. I have a JSON file on my system that stores program parameters. Since we're in the testing phase, I need to make frequent adjustments to these values. I'm looking for a convenient way to do this over the internet. I'd also like to access and modify Python files remotely to adjust functions, classes, or run tests.

I initially tried SSH, but it's complicated due to my company's network restrictions. A dedicated network for my Rev Pi might be an option. I've also considered using AWS, as it seems possible and convenient. Does anyone have experience with this and can suggest a good approach?

Please ask if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Joe
Why do programmers prefer dark mode?

Because the light attracts bugs! :lol:
u.biakoup
KUNBUS

Re: Remote Access and Program Editing for Revolution Pi Connect

Post by u.biakoup »

Hello Joe W.,

Thank you for your detailed question.

Given your situation with network restrictions, using a dedicated device like the Teltonika RUT-955 is a solid option. This industrial LTE router allows you to set up a separate subnetwork specifically for your Revolution Pi, providing secure remote access to your system over the internet.

This would enable you to access your JSON files and Python scripts remotely, without needing to deal with the complexities of SSH under restrictive network conditions. The router supports VPNs, which can further enhance your security when accessing your devices remotely.

If you're considering other approaches, such as using AWS for remote access, you could also look into setting up an AWS IoT Core or using EC2 instances to create a VPN gateway that connects securely to your Revolution Pi.

Let me know if you have any other questions or need further clarification!

Best regards,