Adding Balena-OS support for revpi-connect-4

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
kenna_balena
Official 3rd Party Support

Re: Adding Balena-OS support for revpi-connect-4

Post by kenna_balena »

Hi all,

I have good news to share with you this Friday - the RevPi Connect 4 is in the balenaCloud dashboard. 8-)

It's passing all of our automated testing of course, but if you are interested in it, please do test it with your particular use-case so we can find any issues that might not be caught by our standard test suite!

I really appreciate everyone's holding on for its arrival, and looking forward to any feedback you have. :D
lukas_tmh

Post by lukas_tmh »

Hi,

I can see that that the Device type "Revolution Pi Connect 4" is now available in Balena Cloud. We successfully flashed a device with the corresponding Balena image. We just saw that one problem raised in the thread here, seems to be still open:

We can not get the serial port of the device working to establish a modbus RTU connection.

When doing

Code: Select all

ls /dev/tty*
from the HostOS, shouldn't that give me some hints on some RS485 interface? Can you point me to the tty interface that is used for RS485 on the device running the BalenaOS?

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Lukas
nicolaiB
KUNBUS

Post by nicolaiB »

Hi Lukas,

the device /dev/ttyRS485 is an alias created by our udev rules. As far as I know this is not present in Balena. But you can use the "real" tty device:

Code: Select all

pi@RevPi99986:~$ ls -l /dev/ttyRS485 
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7  2. Jul 12:54 /dev/ttyRS485 -> ttyAMA5
Thus the correct tty is /dev/ttyAMA5.

Nicolai
nicolaiB
KUNBUS

Post by nicolaiB »

I've created a PR for Balena which adds our udev rules to the integration: https://github.com/balena-os/balena-ras ... /pull/1148