Trouble putting an image on a RevPi

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
UPLC
Answers: 0

Trouble putting an image on a RevPi

Post by UPLC »

Hello,

I am having an issue with putting an image from one of my RevPi onto another one. I would like to make a copy of an image from one of my pi's and upload it onto another one so that they both have the same configuration, this will save me time with setting up RevPi's in the future. I used rpiBoot and WinDiskImager32 as suggested in the 'Support' page to 'Read' the image I want, and then 'Write' to the new RevPi. I have done this twice, and the problem I get is that after the image the RevPi doesn't work. It can't detect the ethernet port at all, so I cannot SSH into it. As well as the attached DIO module isn't recognized either because it keeps blinking red. I eventually had to reupload Stretch that I got from the Shop of the RevPi website, and it worked, so it is possible to upload images to the RevPi and have it work, but my issue comes with pulling images from a RevPi and putting it on another RevPi. Any advice or assistance would be appreciated.
Both Pi's are Core3+
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Trouble putting an image on a RevPi

Post by dirk »

Hi UPLC, you have to run "revpi-factory-reset" on the target device and reboot. If not and you have both devices on the same network then there are duplicate MAC addresses in the network. Thus ARP requests will not run properly.
UPLC

Post by UPLC »

Hi Dirk, thank you for the reply.

I don't have both pi's on the same network at the same time so I do not think there are duplicate MAC addresses. But the main problem is that the newly imaged RevPi cannot recognize a ethernet connection at all.
But my first question is, can I put an image on a RevPi from another RevPi?

If it is possible, what could be the reason that the newly imaged RevPi cannot recognize an ethernet connection?
dirk
KUNBUS

Post by dirk »

Hi we need more information could you be so kind to post a "revpi-sos" report?
dirk
KUNBUS

Post by dirk »

Hi the "sos-report" collects all the interesting data in order to examine your system and help with the troubleshooting.
To create the report just update your system with

Code: Select all

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
sudo reboot
and then run

Code: Select all

revpi-sos
UPLC

Post by UPLC »

Thank you for explaining how to get the revpi-sos, I was checking documentation and couldn't find it.

I will try this, but the problem is that once it gets imaged I cannot get to the command line with any method. The wifi configuration is gone, and an ethernet isn't recognized. But I will try and post the revpi-sos, thank you