Modbus TCP/IP

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
houds
Answers: 0

Re: Modbus TCP/IP

Post by houds »

Hello everyone !
I'm actually working on a project with the Connect + as a Modbus TCP master and a Datamatrix reader as a modbus TCP salve.
I'm new in this domaine and have no experience with Revolution pi, Linux or Modbus TCP. It could be crazy :D i know !
So can you please help me within this topic ?
So far, these are the steps i did :
1- Configurate the Pictory with the Modbus TCP master, the IP adresse and the TCP port of the slave.
2- In the extended data : i choose "read holding register" cause i have a string to read, is that correct ?
3- I can not understand the adresse register and the quantity in the slave manual, so i tried different combinations but it doesn't work ( attached an image of the instruction manual of my salve )
4- Then i tried the command "piTest -r Input_Word_1" but i got "2 Byte-Value of Input_Word_1:0 dez (=0000 hex)" several times. What does it mean? is my Connect+ already connected to the reader but read the value 0 ? or maybe there are no connection for the moment ?
5- I tried the QModMaster also in order to verify if the slave is well configurated but all i get is "0". Did i do something wrong ? why i can not read the value in the reader (with the software tool i can see that the reader can read the datamatrix code )

Thank you in advance.
Attachments
Holding_reg_only.PNG
Holding_reg_only.PNG (108.24 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
netw_manuel.PNG
netw_manuel.PNG (331.49 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Modbus TCP/IP

Post by dirk »